I may not have much of a sweet tooth but I can never say no to a delicious Arroz Con Leche.
Arroz Con Leche simply translates to: Rice With Milk. However, this dessert is a lot more than just rice with milk! It is a sweet, creamy, and fluffy treat that you can enjoy hot or cold.
Next time you have a Mexican Fiesta try this delicious pudding.
Yields: approximately 4 cups
1 cup white rice
1 stick Mexican cinnamon
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup whole milk (organic preferably)
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- In a medium pot add rice, water, and cinnamon stick. Breaking cinnamon stick into large pieces.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat to the lowest setting. Leave covered and don’t open the lid for about 10 minutes.
- Once all water has dissolved add milk, condensed milk, and raisins. Cook on extremely low heat to prevent milk from breaking.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes until milk has reached a thick texture. You want a milky texture and for the rice will be plump.
- Do not allow the milk to dissolve completely or the pudding will harden when cold.
That’s it? How easy! If serving hot it is ready to eat. If serving cold you want to leave more liquid since it becomes thicker as it cools.
Feel free to post your comments or questions.
All content © 2013 AdrianaGuillen.com All rights reserved. You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.