Summer is here and the hot weather calls for something cool. Therefore, here is the recipe for a delicious popsicle with no crazy chemicals or colors (as most commercial popsicles have). Also, this recipe is extremely easy!
Horchata is a very popular drink that you find all over Mexico and in Mexican restaurants all over the United States. So, why not make this drink into a paleta?
Yields: approximately 12 paletas
1 cup white rice
1 stick Mexican cinnamon
6 cups water
1 cup raw brown sugar
- Using a blender or spice grinder, grind the rice and cinnamon stick as much as possible.
- Add 4 cups of water in the blender and blend the rice and cinnamon powder for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the entire mixture and the remaining 2 cups of water in a glass jar. Let the mixture sit for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Blend the mixture one more time this time adding the sugar.
- Now strain using a very fine strainer or cheese cloth.
- Pour the horchata into the popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hour or until done.
The paletas are ready! If you have any left over horchata or if you would like to make less paletas you just have to add more water and an horchata drink is ready.
Feel free to post your comments or questions.
All content © 2013 AdrianaGuillen.com All rights reserved. You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.