This salsa is my favorite for a delicious simple bean and cheese burrito. However, it’s great on all tacos, hence the name.
Yields Approximately: 2 cups
- 5 tomatoes (very ripe)
- 8 Puya chillies
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- On a medium hot skillet, roast tomatoes. Making sure that you are cooking the tomatoes as well as roasting. Do this by rotating them and roasting on all sides.
- Boil about 2 quarts of water and hydrate the puya chiles for about 5 minutes.
- Once tomatoes are roasted remove from heat.
- Remove most of the blackened tomato peel.
- Place all tomatoes and chiles in blender. Add peeled garlic, cumin, and oregano and blend until smooth or desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste
Feel free to post your comments or questions,.
All content © 2013 AdrianaGuillen.com All rights reserved. You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.